Frequently Asked Questions
This page lists the most frequently asked questions by users of the website, as well as some tips. If you don't find an answer here, use the request support feature. If your query relates to a tender then follow up with the designated contact person for that tender.
How do I register as a supplier for the Tenders VIC website?
- Click on the Register link on the login page
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Complete the self-registration page:
- Enter your business’ name (the full trading name), ABN (Australian Business Number) if you do not have an ABN type in the word “NOABN”, address (including city, state/province, country and zip/postal code).
- Enter the name and position details of the primary supplier contact for your business and provide a username. Select a meaningful username consisting of at least six characters (number or letters). This will be used each time that you log in to the site.
- Enter an email address. Your email address is used by the site to dispatch automated notifications and used to send your registration confirmation, and details of how to login to the site.
- Enter at least one phone number.
- Click on the Register button.
Why do I need a primary contact for my organisation?
The primary contact for an organisation is able to provide other staff within your company with access to the Tenders Vic site. Subsequent supplier users requiring access to the Tenders VIC site will be asked to contact the primary contact of their organisation. Each organisation can only have one primary contact.
- The primary contact will be able to add additional users by going to the Administration “Edit My Business” menu and selecting “Add Person”.
- The primary contact can transfer their (primary contact) role to another person within your organisation.
- The primary contact can delete other users who no longer work for their organisation.
- If the primary contact has left your organisation please phone the Tenders VIC help desk on +61 3 9651 1671 (business hours).
What if I forget my password or username?
- Type in any user name and password to the login screen and you will get
Sign in failed: Username or password incorrect
If you have forgotten your password, Click Here to reset it and have the new one emailed to you.
- Place your first name and surname in the relevant entry fields (remember the fields are case sensitive), enter your email address and send the request. Note you must enter exactly the same first name, last name and email address that corresponds to your existing user details.
How do I lodge my tender response electronically?
When you lodge a response electronically it is automatically encrypted using a digital certificate (VeriSign - up to 128-bit depending on browser version) and transmitted via a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) transmission session to the secure server where it is encrypted and stored until tender box opening.
How do I become a supplier to the Victorian Government?
Advice on how to best market your service can be found in the Supplier section of the Procurement website.
Do you have a preferred supplier list?
VicRoads Consultants Register.
Departments and agencies can establish a standing offer arrangement for contracted suppliers after testing the market. These standing offer arrangements usually run for a period of three to five years.