- Georgia Frobose
- FAX: +61 (03)
- Office: +61 (03) 86840637
The Emergency Services Infrastructure Authority (ESIA) is seeking Responses to the Expression of Interest (EOI) for the supply of Building Contractor Services.
ESIA works closely with the Victorian State Emergency Services (VICSES), Life Saving Victoria (LSV) and Marine Search and Rescue (MSAR) to oversee the building and infrastructure projects required by these organisations.
In relation to VICSES, the ESIA is focusing on the delivery of building new facilities for these volunteers, as these assets are crucial to supporting our committed volunteers in serving the community. Key objectives include:
- Delivery of the 1st tranche of VICSES projects by mid-2020;
- Deliver fit for purpose infrastructure projects on behalf of VICSES, which deliver value for money and are on time and on budget;
- Provide regional economic benefits through procurement and construction; and
- Build confidence with the Minister and program funders in ESIA’s ability to deliver the program of works.
The ESIA seeks to gain a more detailed understanding of the supplier market in construction of building facilities on behalf of VICSES. Specifically, this EOI is seeking interested organisations to construct the Broadmeadows VICSES facility
Overview and description of works
VICSES is the control agency for 74 per cent of the total cost of emergencies to Victoria. VICSES is facing increased demand for its services due to various contributing factors, including more frequent weather events of greater severity, population growth and an upward trend in incidents where they assist Victoria Police, Ambulance Victoria (AV) and other Emergency Service Organisations (ESOs).
VICSES facilities are essential to unit operation as they are the places where volunteers meet, store vehicles and equipment, train, plan, deploy and coordinate emergency responses. VICSES’ capacity to continue the provision of timely, round the-clock responses to emergencies across the State is contingent on the provision of safe and fit-for-purpose unit facilities.
VICSES has 149 units across Victoria with 211 staff and 5,092 volunteers (VICSES Annual Report 2017-18). Of these 149 units, 141 are stand-alone units, seven are regional support units and there is one state headquarters. Each unit responds to a varying number of emergency events from road rescue, storm and flood calls. In FY17/18 VICSES received 27,668 requests for assistance.
In 2017/18 and 2018/19, the State Government committed funding for several VICSES facility developments (on new and existing sites). ESIA is working with VICSES on the delivery of these development projects.
Description of works – construction of Broadmeadows VICSES Facility
This EOI is for the construction and fit-out of new fit for purpose SES facility in Hadfield for the Broadmeadows VICSES Unit.
The scope of works includes minor site preparation (the land is mostly flat and cleared), construction of new facility including six bay drive through motor room, hard stand, basic HVAC, full fit out including basic kitchen and offices and associated amenities including:
- Gated access with visitor parking and public entry;
- Circa 58 on-site parking spaces for volunteer members; and
- Large training area (hard stand) at rear
The contractor will be responsible for building commissioning including necessary compliance certificates. A 12-month defects liability period will apply after practical completion.
Due diligence of the site has been conducted under the auspices of ESIA and included:
- Land surveyor (and arborist)
- Geotechnical and soil contamination
- Ecological (flora and fauna)
- Traffic management
- Cultural heritage
These studies have not identified any major issues with the site and the relevant reports will be provided at time of tender.
Supplier to consider the following requirements:
- Demonstrated financial capacity
- Quality management system
- Environmental management system
- Work health & safety system
- Insurance (products / professional indemnity / bank guarantees / plant & equipment / motor vehicle) - DJCS has public liability insurance coverage
- Licences / registrations (relevant for building contractors)
- Social procurement framework (how suppliers will deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes that benefit the Victorian community): https://buyingfor.vic.gov.au/social-procurement-framework
- Local job first policy (Supplier Guidelines): https://localjobsfirst.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/25274/Local-Jobs-First-Policy-Supplier-Guidelines-OCTOBER-2018.pdf
Invitation for Expression of Interest REQ0321 Building Contractor Services Part C
- Version 1 (10/07/2019)
- Available by Download (617 KB)
Invitation for Expression of Interest REQ0321 Building Contractor Services Parts A B
- Version 1 (10/07/2019)
- Available by Download (30 MB)
Vic Tenders eLodgement Tips
- Version 1 (10/07/2019)
- Available by Download (187 KB)
Addendum 1 REQ0321 Building Contractor Services
- Version 1 (02/08/2019)
- Available by Download (119 KB)
Forum posts cannot be posted after 23 July 2019 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 23 July 2019 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.