- CSBA Procurement
- FAX: +61 (03)
- Office: +61 (03) 86840361
The Community Safety Building Authority (CSBA) as an agency of the Department of Justice and Community Safety, is undertaking a prison infill expansion program throughout the State, utilising rapid build methodologies, specifically modular cell construction.
Suitably qualified and experienced manufacturers or suppliers are sought to deliver approximately 475 pre-fabricated modular cells as part of a prison infill expansion program, at five different prison sites throughout Victoria. Suppliers must have the capability to deliver large volumes of modular cells in a correctional environment.
Suppliers are required to be able to:
- Deliver a mix of double and single bed cells at a ratio of 1:2 respectively;
- Deliver cells suitable for a two storey accommodation block; and
- Commit to a 6-8 month delivery schedule commencing early 2020.
CSBA proposes to release an Expression of Interest (EOI) in July/August 2019, followed by a Request for Tender (RFT).
- Manufacture & deliver approximately 475 prefabricated modular cells to various prison sites across Victoria.
- Deliver cells within a prescribed timeline.
- Deliver a product compliant with the Victorian Cell and Fire Safety Guidelines (version 6b).
Project delivery model:
- Refer to Department of Treasury and Finance approved standard form contracts: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/practitioners-toolkit/practitioners-toolkit-standard-form-contracts
- The supplier will be under an agreement to supply a minimum order to the state of Victoria for a design that is developed and owned by CSBA.
Supplier to consider the following requirements:
- demonstrated financial capacity
- established quality management and assurance system
- capacity to deliver
- demonstrated experience
Supplier to consider the following to be requirements of the RFT process:
- Accredited Occupational Health & Safety system
- Insurance (products / professional indemnity / bank guarantees / plant & equipment / motor vehicle) – note DJCS has public liability insurance coverage
- Relevant licences / registrations
- Social procurement framework (how suppliers will deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes that benefit the Victorian community):
- Local Jobs First Policy (Supplier Guidelines):
Interested organisations will have the opportunity to register and download the public EOI pack once it is released via this website. Enquiries about this ATN to be sent to the procurement team at CSBA.Tenders@justice.vic.gov.au All clarification questions and answers will be recorded and may be shared publicly.