Display Tender MPV-MCCD-005
If it's a selective tender, only the person that received the email notification and was invited to view the tender, can view and access it.
Use the forgot password feature, to access your account credentials at https://www.tenders.vic.gov.au/person/resetPassword
- Peter Noble
- [email protected]
In April 2004 as part of, the Victoria Government's Economic Statement: Victoria: Leading The Way, The Premier Steve Bracks, announced the establishment of a new convention centre as the centrepiece in the redevelopment of a world class convention and exhibition precinct on Melbourne's Southbank.
The new convention centre will be the largest in Australia, providing a major drawcard for the international conference market and promoting Melbourne as the destination of choice for conferences and exhibtions.
To de delivered under the Government's Partnerships Victoria policy, the project is expected to:
- continue to grow Melbourne and Victoria's profile as a leading events and business destination;
- allow Victorian industry to showcase products and investment opportunities to global business and investor markets, and support government industry policies by attracting appropriate events to the State;
- increase tourism and attendance at cultural venues by the attraction of convention delegates and their accompanying persons;
- deliver significant benefits to the State's economy including an increase in the Gross State Product and teh creation of new jobs;
- provide for the future expansion of the Melbourne Exhibition Centre, and
- deliver value to the State via the potential commercial development of surplus land within the site.
The government is extremely excited about the development which will raise the State's international profile among the business leaders, the scientific community and other important industry sector's thereby attracting the new investment and people to Victoria.
We welcome your interest in working with us to deliver Australia's largest convention centre and encourage innovative designs and precinct solutions. Interested parties should obtain a copy of the invitation for EOI documentation by downloading the attached document.
To obtain a copy of the EOI document please click on the button marked 'Download Tender' at the top of the screen.
Location: Level 18 Tenderbox Nauru House 80 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000