This is an Forward Tender Notice. Please note this forward tender notice is not the actual tender. No documentation is to be provided at this stage.
Bendigo Kangan Institute (BKI) is conducting a Forward Notice to head contractors demonstrating experience and capability in performing the role of Design and Construct Contractor with Novated consultants for the design completion, documentation, construction, commissioning and handover of the proposed Health and Community Centre of Excellence (HaCCoE) project within the BKI Broadmeadows Campus.
BKI as Principal has prepared this document for the project which is intended to:
- Inform the market of an upcoming Expression of Interest
- Proposed delivery structure for the project, and
- Outline the anticipated procurement process and indicative timetables for the project.
Upon conclusion of the Forward Notice period BKI will undertake a 2-phase procurement process and issue an Open Expressions of Interest (EOI) to the market, followed by a Selective Request for Tender (RFT) via Tenders Vic.
Project Description & Details
The HaCCoE project has been funded under recent Victorian State Budget announcements and is currently concluding Schematic Design.
Typically, and unless noted elsewhere:
- A Principal Design Consultant including Sub-Consultants has been engaged to provide comprehensive design services for the works.
- An external Project Manager has been appointed to oversee the delivery of the works. The Project Manager will also perform the role of Superintendent for the works.
- A Quantity Surveyor has been appointed to provide independent cost analysis and advice to BKI, as well as review contract progress claims/variations requests etc.
Scope of Works
The works subject to this notice in general comprises the following key elements:
- Design management and coordination, including the progression of design documentation through to full Issued ‘For Construction’ documentation.
- Demolition works of an existing car park, associated infrastructure and site preparation
- Construction of a new Health and Community learning and teaching building support TAFE and Higher Education studies and allied services
- Termination and amendment to existing campus infrastructure such as ITS
- Construction of new surrounding precinct landscaping and civil infrastructure works, and
- Management of authorities and associated works.
Requirements of the Local Jobs First Act 2003, including the Victorian Industry Participation Policy (VIPP), the Major Projects Skills Guarantee (MPSG) and Building Equality Policy (BEP) will apply to this project. Social procurement requirements will also apply to the project. Further detail shall be provided through the subsequent EOI and RFT phases.
This Stage 1 of the BKI masterplan is located at 59-69 Pearcedale Parade Pearcedale Parade in Broadmeadows adjoining the existing campus open space and Broadmeadows Town Park (see attached)
Tenderers must be prequalified to an appropriate value of $35M - $55M on the Department of Treasury and Finance’s Construction Supplier Register (CSR) for New Commercial Construction and Commercial Refurbishment categories.
BKI intends to undertake the 2-phase procurement process over the below indicative timeframes:
- Expression of Interest: June / July 2022
- Request for Tender: October 2022 - November 2022
The project is required to be completed by late 2024.
Any queries regarding this tender can be directed to the contacts listed on the Forward Notice
Broadmeadows HaCCOE - Impressions and location
- Version 1 (10 May 2022)
- Available by Download (581 KB)
Forum posts cannot be posted after 21 July 2022 04:20 pm
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 21 July 2022 04:20 pm.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.