- Elysia Craven
Development Victoria is seeking a suitable contractor to undertake an Early Works Civil construction package for the Fisherman’s Bend Innovation Precinct (FBIP) project in Port Melbourne.
FBIP is located on the former General Motors Holden car manufacturing site and has variable soil conditions, including legacy contamination due to the long industrial history. The Early Works construction package will prepare the site for the future construction of the Stage 1 roads and parks. Works are scheduled to commence on site in late 2022 and will include the below key scope items:
- Removing, crushing and stockpiling of existing concrete slabs within the FBIP Stage 1 works area.
- Impact rolling of existing uncontrolled fill.
- Bulk earthworks to import and place clean structural fill
- Remediation works as required, including stockpiling and disposal.
- Service relocations.
The procurement will be conducted as a single phase select tender released to a minimum of 3 bidders. The Contractor will be engaged to provided services under a modified AS2124 contract.
Selected bidders must be pre-qualified for Road and Bridge construction on the VicRoads Register and must demonstrate relevant local expertise in:
- Delivery of earthworks and road contracts to commensurate with the size of the works
- Managing and working with contaminated soils and groundwater.
This procurement will be subject to the Ministerial Directions for Public Construction Procurement in Victoria, Strategic Project Local Jobs First Policy, Major Project Skills Guarantee and Social Procurement Framework.