- Petrina Quach
Development Victoria, on behalf of the State of Victoria, invites suitably qualified Respondents to register their interest to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the delivery of the Geelong Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCEC) Project (the Project).
The State seeks the best in private sector expertise to deliver the Project as a whole-of-precinct integrated development to activate a 1.6 hectare waterfront site (Site) in central Geelong. The Project comprises:
• the GCEC facility with a 1,000 seat plenary and at least 3,700m2 of multi-purpose space;
• a 4 star/Upscale hotel of at least 200 rooms;
• public realm in and around the Site; and
• other complementary commercial and/or residential developments,
all to be delivered as a master-planned precinct in accordance with the successful Respondent's proposal.
An Invitation for Expressions of Interest document will be provided to a Respondent consortium that comprises, at a minimum:
• Sponsor capable of arranging an integrated response and raising private sector financing for the Project
• D&C Contractor(s) capable of designing and building the GCEC facility and hotel
• Facilities Management Contractor capable of maintaining and providing other services for the GCEC facility
• Commercial Development Partner(s) capable of developing, owning and operating the hotel
See the attached Invitiation for Registration of Interest.
Invitation for Registration of Interest 2 May
- Version 1 (2 May 2022)
- Available by Download (294 KB)