Display Tender ATN-MAPT-11197
If it's a selective tender, only the person that received the email notification and was invited to view the tender, can view and access it.
Use the forgot password feature, to access your account credentials at https://www.tenders.vic.gov.au/person/resetPassword
- Sarah Lewis
- Office: +61 (03) 83173403
- [email protected]
Traffic Consultant – Design and Construction
Development Victoria is seeking a Traffic Consultant for the Melbourne Arts Precinct Transformation (MAPT) Project (Consultant). The Consultant will deliver two concurrent workstreams, one in relation to traffic design for the MAPT and one in relation to construction traffic management. It is expected that these two workstreams will be serviced by separate specialist teams, with a single executive escalation point of contact.
Development Victoria is seeking a Consultant that will be able to work independently and effectively with a large Project team, including multiple design and contracting firms and multiple Project stakeholders, including MAP Co as the project client.
The MAPT Masterplan has a significant traffic, loading and logistics component that requires further development to the existing traffic scheme to deliver a cohesive design between different Project components. The Consultant will take the overall design coordination role for traffic, logistics and loading to ensure that all design components are delivered and integrated with the overall MAPT project design. Further, the Consultant will be the primary designer for a series of road design components of work, which includes integration into the greater city network beyond the immediate Project area.
Broadly, the Consultant will:
- Review the approved Masterplan and undertake a comprehensive review of the traffic design scheme and associated modelling undertaken to date.
- Provide an updated traffic design scheme for the Project, in close coordination with Project package design teams.
- Assist Development Victoria in the approvals process required and respond to comments from the City of Melbourne, Department of Transport and/or other authorities/stakeholders.
- With Development Victoria, review, prepare and agree local area traffic upgrades to support the closure of Sturt Street.
- In close coordination with other Project design teams, develop road and logistics design elements of the MAPT suitable for construction.
CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
The Consultant will ensure all contractor traffic management plans and traffic management delivery are coordinated in accordance with the overarching Project Traffic Management Plan. The Consultant will be the key contact for the Project for coordination with relevant statutory authorities, such as VicRoads, Department of Transport and City of Melbourne, for relevant traffic management related matters.
Broadly, the Consultant will:
- Develop the overarching Project Traffic Management Plan (TMP), and facilitate the approval process with relevant authorities
- Review and develop access requirements for adjacent businesses and residences in coordination with the MAPT community engagement team
- Provide expert advice and assessment on traffic related matters for major construction tender preparation and evaluations
- Work with Project contractors on ensuring contractor TMPs are in accordance with the overarching TMP
- Provide support to the superintendent as required relating to traffic matters
- Actively audit construction sites to ensure TMPs are correctly implemented and advise if any improvements or modifications are required
- Be the central Project contact and coordination point for relevant traffic management related activities
- Liaise with Development Victoria to identify and mitigate potential impacts of traffic management to key project, resident and community stakeholders
The procurement will be conducted as a single phase, open tender. The Consultant will be engaged to provide construction services under Development Victoria’s Major Services Agreement.
This tender is subject to Strategic Project Local Jobs First requirements, as well as the Victorian Government Social Procurement framework.
Bidders who register their interest and sign a confidentiality deed may be invited to participate in the tender. Please download the Confidentiality Deed from Buying for Victoria, complete and email to the proposal manager in order to register your interest.
B04.2 - Confidentiality Deed Poll One Way Traffic (202220224)
- Version 1 (24 Feb 2022)
- Available by Download (149 KB)