- Phone: +61 (03) 0000
ATN - VICSES Cobram Building Contractor Services
The Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) Cobram project is one of the Tranche 2 projects for delivery under the auspices of the Emergency Services Infrastructure Authority (ESIA).
This project is a new build for the VICSES Cobram facility, which is located at 34 Ritchie Road, Cobram, Victoria.
The lead consultant Ardent Architects Pty Ltd (Ardent) and their sub consultants are currently completing the Detailed Design documentation for this Lump Sum (construction) contract. The Community Safety Building Authority (CSBA), through ESIA, has directly appointed Philip Chun Australia as Registered Building Surveyor and WT Partnership as Quantity Surveyor.
The procurement for the Building Contractor Services for the facility has been through a market sounding assessment comprising of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and Requests for Tender (RFTs) from four VICSES projects (Northcote, Wangaratta, Broadmeadows and Emerald). Based on these EOIs and RFTs, ESIA has created a shortlist of compliant suppliers which will be used as a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for VICSES projects going forward. This process will be utilised instead of continuing with the two-stage public EOI/RFT process. All PSL tenderers are pre-qualified on the Construction Supplier Register (CSR) to comply with the Ministerial Directions for Public Construction Procurement.
The RFTs when formulated will be released via the Buying for Victoria platform
Construction of a new Motor Bay and Office/Training facilities for VICSES volunteers
The contractor will be responsible for building commissioning including necessary compliance certificates. A 12-month defects liability period will apply after practical completion.
Due diligence of the site has been conducted and included:
- Land surveyor
- Arborist report
- Geotechnical and soil contamination
- Traffic management
- Cultural heritage – not required
These studies have not identified any major issues with the site and the relevant reports will be provided at time of tender.
Project delivery model:
- construct only (Victorian Public Construction Contracts applies) - refer to DTF approved standard form contracts: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/practitioners-toolkit/practitioners-toolkit-standard-form-contracts
Refer to Department of Treasury and Finance approved standard form contracts:
Supplier to consider the following criteria:
- demonstrated financial capacity
- established quality management and assurance system
- capacity and capability to deliver the requirements
- understanding of key deliverables as detailed in the project brief, operating environment and project methodology
- demonstrated experience in similar projects
- understanding of project pressures, timelines and interdependencies
Supplier to consider the following requirements and policies:
- Insurance (public liability / product liability / professional indemnity / bank guarantees / Work Cover)
- Relevant licences / registrations
- Social procurement framework (how suppliers will deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes that benefit the Victorian community):
- Working for Victoria Policy (applies to all projects within the $2 billion Building Works stimulus package announced on 18 May 2020).
- Local Jobs First Policy (Supplier Guidelines):
Enquiries to be sent to the email address specified in the Enquiries section of the ATN. All clarification questions and answers will be recorded and may be shared publicly.