- Engineering Enquiries
- Phone: +61 0260220540
North East Water (NEW) is seeking to undertake a major upgrade to its West Wodonga Wastewater Treatment Plant aimed at delivering capacity to support growth and to provide a stepped reduction in NEW’s greenhouse gas emissions footprint. To deliver this outcome NEW are seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced delivery entity with the project management skills and systems to act as a Principal Contractor to complete detailed design, construct and commission an operational facility that:
- Provides capacity to support the ongoing growth needs for the city of Wodonga
- Ensures on-going treatment compliance is maintained in line with EPA licence requirements
- Provides significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions from North East Water operations equivalent to approximately 30% of the Corporation’s total emissions footprint.
- Utilises embedded resources contained with wastewater to create value through harnessing biogas for renewable electricity generation and the potential generation of struvite as a renewable fertiliser substitute
This will be achieved through diverting incoming high strength trade waste and waste activated sludge (WAS) to a new covered anaerobic and post biological nutrient removal facility. This will free up capacity within the existing biological nutrient removal process to support growth while harnessing the value embedded within the trade waste flows. Greenhouse gas emission reductions will primarily be achieved through the creation, capture and utilisation of biogas to produces renewable electricity reducing Scope 2 emissions, and through diverting the WAS for digestion within the covered anaerobic process removing associated Scope 1 emissions.
In the development of this project NEW has, in conjunction with its process and development consultant, established a reference design that will be issued with the project specifications to guide the successful delivery entity in the design, development and construction of the proposed works. The successful delivery entity will be required to enter a design, development and construct contract to undertake amongst other things:
- The development of the detailed design
- The obtaining any licence and other necessary approvals
- The development and construction of the facilities including:
- Trade Waste inlet works
- Fats, oils and grease (FOG) separation
- Covered anaerobic FOG digestion tanks
- Lined and Covered Anaerobic Lagoons (CAL)
- Potential struvite extraction from CAL effluent
- Biological nutrient removal plant complete with membranes (MBR) for final treatment of effluent
- Various chemical dosing facilities
- Anaerobic sludge management and dewatering
- Biogas management, cleaning and electricity generation
- High voltage and low voltage electrical infrastructure including connection to a new 22 kV switchboard
- All required process control and automation
- Civil, mechanical and electrical/automation and integration into existing facilities
- Testing, commissioning, verification and start-up
- Proof of performance
- Provision of operational support
The procurement will be conducted in a multi-stage process with this open market Request for Expressions of Interest, followed by a selective Request for Tender to shortlisted parties.
A mandatory information briefing session will be held on 19th October at 10am. Please download the Request for Expression of Interest document for further instructions on how to register for this session.
For any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PR17005-06 - West Wodonga Capacity and Emissions Upgrade - Request for Expression of Interest Document
- Version 1 (06/10/2021)
- Available by Download (670 KB)
PR17005-06 - West Wodonga Capacity and Emissions Upgrade - Request for Expression of Interest Document - Schedule 1
- Version 1 (06/10/2021)
- Available by Download (58 KB)
PR17005-06 - West Wodonga Capacity and Emissions Upgrade - REOI - Addendum 1
- Version 1 (11/10/2021)
- Available by Download (109 KB)
A briefing session will be held on 19 October 2021 10:00 AM.
Notes: Online Briefing - Please download the Request for Expression of Interest document and see section 11 for further instructions on how to register for this session.
|Attendance at the briefing is a pre-requisite to submission and consideration of a bid.|
|Registration closes on 19 October 2021 10:00 AM|