- Jamie Booth (available for comment submission)
The project is expected to go out to tender in 4 weeks under a selective tender process using a Construct only form of contract.
The Victorian State Government has established a framework for identification of risks associated with combustible cladding on public sector buildings throughout the state.
Cladding Safety Vic. was established in early 2020 to oversee the implementation of cladding remediation based on a risk assessment rating which identified buildings that fell into a medium or high risk rating.
Holmesglen has identified buildings at its Moorabbin and Waverly campuses that require significant cladding replacement and now seeks an expression of interest from suitably qualified contractors, pre-qualified to a min $2m on the Construction Supplier Register / Cladding.
It is envisaged that an RFT for both sites will be issued to a short list of contractors following the close of the EOI , in the near future.
Ideally successful contractors will be appointed prior to the end of this calendar year , with the view to completion of the works as early as possible in 2022.
APPLICABLE GOVERNEMENT POLICIES AFFECTING THE PROCURMENT
Applicable Government policies affecting this procurement include, but not limited to:
• Ministerial Directions and Instructions for Public Construction Procurement (https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/public-construction-policy-and-resources/ministerial-directions-and-instructions-public-construction-procurement)
• Local Jobs First Act 2003 and the Local Jobs First Policy (https://localjobsfirst.vic.gov.au)
• Social Procurement Framework (https://www.buyingfor.vic.gov.au/social-procurement-victorian-government-approach)
• Supplier Code of Conduct (https://www.buyingfor.vic.gov.au/supplier-code-conduct)
• Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic)
• The supplier performance and shared reporting regime Security of Payment under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/ministerial-directions-and-instructions-public-construction-procurement/supplier-performance-and-shared-reporting-regime-direction-and-instruction-82)
• The DataVic Policy (https://www.vic.gov.au/datavic-access-policy-guidelines)
• The Victorian Data Security Standards, issued under the Privacy and Data Security Act 2014 (https://ovic.vic.gov.au/resource/victorian-protective-data-security-standards/)
• The Whole of Victorian Government Intellectual Property Policy (https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/funds-programs-and-policies/intellectual-property-policy)
• Prohibition of the installation or design into any building of Type A or Type B Construction a Prescribed Combustible Product as part of an External Wall (including as an attachment). Refer to the Minister’s Guideline MG-14 for details of exceptions (https://www.planning.vic.gov.au/building-policy/victorian-cladding-taskforce)
• Minimum rates of pay for tip truck owner drivers (https://www.business.vic.gov.au/setting-up-a-business/owner-drivers-and-forestry-contractors/owner-drivers-and-hirers/tip-truck-rates-and-cost-schedules).
• The requirements of Instruction 2.1 (International Agreements) under the Ministerial Directions for Public Construction Procurement in Victoria apply to this tender.
SELECTIVE TENDER INFORMATION
It is anticipated that 4 firms will be invited to submit a tender.
The firm must be prequalified in insert Cladding on the Construction Supplier Register with a minimum project limit of at least $2.67million.
Other considerations will be the firm’s capacity, capability and experience on education, civic, heritage and live environment projects.
Please register your interest in tendering for this project by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10th Oct, 2021. Please include your CSR registration number, prequalification category and project limit.
Do not respond directly to this Forward Notice.
Holmesglen GW B12 and Moorabbin B3 Cladding - Bulletin 1
- Version 1 (13/10/2021)
- Available by Download (114 KB)
Forum posts cannot be posted after 8 October 2021 12:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 8 October 2021 12:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.