- Engineering Enquiries
- Phone: +61 0448 998 685
North East Water has completed a preliminary design that will be issued as part of an RfT to the open market seeking to engage a Principal Contractor under a minor works contract to design and construct infrastructure to supply water from a recently completed bore to the Harrietville Water Treatment Plant.
The Scope of Works includes the:
• Design and Construct bore head works
• Supply and Installation of a bore pump
• Design, Supply and Installation of electrical switchboard/cabinets
• All associated civil, mechanical and electrical works.
• Design and Construct approximately 425m of DN110 HDPE raw water main, taking advantage of approximately 85m of abandoned DN300 AC pipe as a conduit for a section of the pipe, passing under the Ovens River by underboring and terminating by connection to an existing DN200 PVC-u raw water gravity main.
• Supply and Install valves and fittings on the raw water main as required.
• Design and Construct approximately 325m of electricity consumer main and metering panel
• Design and Construct approximately 33m of underground electrical sub-main for the bore pump
• Design & Construct a security enclosure for the bore headworks
• Compliance to Planning Permit conditions and Protection of Native Vegetation
• Reinstatement as required
Tenderers must have one of the following approved OHS assurance systems that is independently certified/audited for currency, to be considered eligible to participate in this tender:
(a) ‘Safety Map’;
(b) AS 4801 2001: OHS Management Systems;
(c) Civil Contractors Federation Management Code;
(d) Australian Government Building and Construction WHS Accreditation Scheme; and
(e) ISO 45001 2008 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems.
North East Water requires a Principal Contractor to have a safety management system that is fully certified by a certifying body against one of the standards / assurance systems listed by both the Department of Treasury (DTF) & Finance and Worksafe. A detailed guide on the mandatory OHS management criteria is available on the DTF’s Practitioners Toolkit – Document library page
North East Water encourages Contractors to undertake the DTF’s prequalification process to enable registration for construction and/or construction related services on the Construction Contractors Register. The Victorian Government and Public bodies such as North East Water may use the Construction Contractors Register to create shortlists of Contractors to invite to submit tenders for Public Construction and Construction Related Services.
Note this is a forward tender notice only. Further details will be provided when the Request for Tender is released. Please be aware North East Water will not be engaging individual suppliers for this project, purchasing od components and products will be completed by the Principal Contractor who will be the successful tenderer, winning bidder details will be uploaded to the Buying for Victoria Website post tender evaluation.
For any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this project.