- Nicky Clift
As of the 1 July 2020, Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) was formed, bringing together both MFB and CFA career firefighters to serve metropolitan Melbourne, outer urban areas and larger regional centres across Victoria.
The existing Broadmedows fire station was built in 1961 and has under gone minor renovations over the years; however, the existing building no longer provides a viable option for the changing and upgrading of new equipment and lacks privacy and accommodation standards.
The existing site meets the needs for response times which are supported by the review of the Strategic Location Plan. The existing structure is past its use by date and major refurbishment of Broadmeadows Fire Station is crucial to suitably accommodate the facilities required in a modern fire station.
FRV is seeking a CSR registered builder to undertake a staged refurbishment of FS05 - Broadmeadows Fire Station while the station remains operational.
The refurbishment of Broadmeadows Fire station will include the following:
- Three Appliance bays
- 12 bedrooms with shared Bathrooms
- Mess, Multipurpose room, Gymnasium, Station Office outdoor area and BBQ facilities
- Standard Operational inclusions such as Dispatch Alcove, PPE Transition, Cleaners Area, etc
- Car parking, rear yard and a backup generator
- 5 Star Green Star in principal design
- New bifold front doors and rapid release rear roller doors
The tender will be released via www.eprocure.com.au/frv/
This will be a selective tender from the DTF - Construction Supplier Register for construction works.