- Joel Shaw
Suburban Rail Loop Authority
Suburban Rail Loop Authority (SRLA), an Administrative Office of the Department of Transport (DoT) is the delivery authority responsible for overseeing the planning and delivery of the Suburban Rail Loop (SRL) on behalf of the State of Victoria.
SRLA is responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of the SRL.
SRL will transform Victoria’s public transport system, connecting our suburbs and making travel easier and more convenient. It includes a new 90-kilometre orbital rail line, that will connect every major train line from the Frankston line to the Werribee line via Melbourne Airport, improving access to housing, jobs, schools, universities and hospitals in Melbourne’s middle suburbs.
As well as delivering significant transport benefits, SRL provides an opportunity to plan the services, amenity and infrastructure we’re going to need outside of the CBD for future generations.
SRL will be delivered in stages over several decades, with Stage One connecting our growing health, education, retail and employment precincts in Melbourne’s south east between Cheltenham and Box Hill.
The Victorian Government has provided $2.2 billion in funding for Initial and Early Works to commence construction on Stage One by 2022.
More information about the SRL can be found at www.suburbanrailloop.vic.gov.au
Technical Advisory Services
SRLA is seeking to engage a suitably qualified Service Provider with the proven relevant experience to provide technical, operational, planning and engagement services (Technical Advisory Services) to support the further development and delivery of the SRL Project.
Technical Advisory Services required to support the procurement and delivery phases of the Stage 1 rail infrastructure include:
- Network Development, Operations and Maintenance Support;
- Design, Delivery & Engineering Services for Main Works;
- Systems Engineering & Systems Assurance;
- Rail and Infrastructure Delivery - Constructability, Scheduling, and Interface Support;
- Design, Delivery & Engineering Services for Initial & Early Works;
- Quality, Completions, Handover & Asset Management;
- Management of survey and geotechnical investigation provider and review of outputs; and
- Augmentation Considerations for Future Stages.
Subject to relevant approvals during the term of the engagement, the scope of the Technical Advisory Services may also include, but is not limited to, advice and support to the following functions related to the delivery of the station precinct and rail infrastructure elements of SRL:
- Engineering design for future rail infrastructure stages;
- Strategic Communications & Stakeholder Engagement;
- Land, Planning, Environment and Sustainability services;
- Precinct Developments design related support;
- Health and Safety advisory services;
- Project Management related services;
- Impact Assessments and design/advisory services for DoT-lead interfacing transport projects;
- Construction/site surveillance;
- Preparation of an EES for SRL future stages.
Interested parties for the delivery of the Technical Advisory Services must submit a pre-qualification response which meets the pre-qualification requirements set out in the pre-qualification document.
Only pre-qualified parties will gain access to the full suite of Request for Tender (RFT) documentation, attend the Industry Briefing Session and submit a RFT response.
The pre-qualification document is attached to this Tender Notice and can be downloaded. It is in the best interest of an Interested Party to submit its Pre-qualification Response as early as possible, and in any case by early September, to ensure access to the RFT is provided on the date of release of the RFT.
For those parties that meet the pre-qualification requirements and are accepted to the RFT stage, SRLA estimates it will call for RFTs in early to mid September 2021.
Please note the Pre-qualification Process closes 14 days prior to the RFT Close, unless otherwise notified by SRLA.
Please note that release of the Technical Advisory Services process is currently subject to Victorian Government approvals and may be cancelled or released at an alternate date or in an alternative form.
Enquiries and submissions: Interested Parties should submit any queries as well as their Pre-qualification Response by email to email@example.com
TAS Pre-Qualification FINAL
- Version 1 (18/08/2021)
- Available by Download (550 KB)