- Ebony Griffiths
Bendigo Kangan Institute (BKI) received a $60M funding commitment in the 2021/22 Victorian State Budget for the delivery of capital works to commence Stage 1 of the Broadmeadows Revitalisation Program (BRP).
When complete the BRP will deliver full campus redevelopment across three stages being:
- Health and Community Centre of Excellence
- Constructions and Trades Centre of Excellence
- Professional, Foundations and Pathways Building
The scope of the work relating to the current funding commitment (Stage 1) relates to the delivery of the Health and Community Centre of Excellence (HaCCOE) and master planning for future stages. Delivery of the Construction and Trades Centre of Excellence and the Professional, Foundations and Pathways Building will form future stages 2 and 3 of the BRP.
BKI is seeking an appropriately qualified architecture firm with proven experience in tertiary education buildings, to design and document the capital works required to deliver Stage 1.
The type of education spaces to be delivered in the HaCCOE building include essential health services such as pathology services, nursing, dental assistants, disability and early childhood. HaCCOE will also focus on virtual health care, e-health and assisted technologies. In addition, there will be workspaces for associated administration and teaching staff and campus amenities such as a café.
The intention is to have detailed design for future stages completed by May 2022 and the HaCCOE building operational by the end of 2024.
The Architect will be the ‘Lead Consultant’ and will be requested to supply, coordinate and manage (and sub-contract) the required suite of services of the broader design team, being nominally (but not restricted to):
1. Engineering Services:
- Structural & Civil;
- Building Services (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, etc.);
- ESD; and
- AcousticLandscape Architectural Services
2. Landscape Architectural Services.
BKI intends to release a formal Request for Tender mid-August 2021. Any queries regarding this tender can be directed to the BKI Contracts and Procurement team at email@example.com.
Please register your interest by
Friday 30th July Friday 16th July to EGriffiths@bendigotafe.edu.au.
We are asking those who have registered their interest to provide a capability statement which should address the following;
- Higher Education experience: learning & teaching simulation spaces, particularly health and digitally rich environments, industry engagement, informal learning.
- Precinct Planning experience: master planning education campus precincts
- Complex Stakeholder Management experience
- Environmentally Sustainable Design experience to achieve 5-star Green Star design and as-built
- Proposed Consultant Team including experience as above and previous experience with Architect / lead consultant
- Experience in best practice and innovative design across education, community & industry engagement, and workplaces’
We ask that you provide your response to Tony McNamara (Tony.McNamara@dcwc.com.au) by Tuesday 20th July, 5.00pm.