The project involves the construction of a new 150 ML/d Nutrient Reduction Plant (NRP) to replace the existing 55E Activated Sludge Process in order to address historical and future growth, renew ageing equipment, improve overall plant efficiency and enhance safety for operation and maintenance activities.
The main scope of works includes construction/installation of :
• Intake structure
• Feed pump stations at 55E Pond 1 and 25W Pond 1
• Bioreactors and clarifiers.
• Return Activated Sludge pump stations
• Waste Activated Sludge system
• Effluent discharge structures
• Blower building and services building.
• Interconnecting pipework from and to the 55E and 25W systems
• Process mechanical equipment
• Electrical works (HV and LV)
• Automation and Controls
• Commissioning of the plant
• Defect Liability Period