- Phone: +61 (03) 0000
ATN - VICSES Head Office Remediation Project - Design and construction services
The CSBA is seeking design and construction services for proposed rectification works related to the VICSES head office building at 168 Sturt St, South Melbourne. In 2019, VICSES commissioned a series of engineering reports related to structural, fire and environmental engineering in order to assess building safety and the purpose of these works are to resolve the issues identified – a brief summary of which is provided below:
- Replacement of the northern boundary brick wall due to soil settlement issues.
- Remediation to the unused underground fuel storage tank in accordance with EPA guidelines – may involve removal (approx. 3x2x2m tank).
- Repair to squeaking floor through corridor areas (may involve re-fixing joists to bearers).
- Address any fire safety concerns.
- Repair of a shear wall crack.
- Lift shaft issue diagnosis and repair.
- Building façade repairs (primarily to chain wire fencing along the buildings southern face).
- Address fixity of ground floor rooms to underside of level 1 as ground floor continues to settle.
- Address fixity of services to the northern wall and between ground and level 1 as ground floor continues to settle.
Tender designs are being produced to inform the tender and future construction works. Once a successful tenderer has been selected the design team will be novated to the builder to finalise construction documentation and provide support throughout the construction phase of the project.
Construction works are currently forecast to commence in in September. The building will remain operational throughout construction, the contractor must develop a construction management plan to ensure building occupancy is maintained.
The RFTs when formulated will be released via the Buying for Victoria platform.
Refer to Department of Treasury and Finance approved standard form contracts:
Supplier to consider the following criteria:
- demonstrated financial capacity
- established quality management and assurance system
- capacity and capability to deliver the requirements
- understanding of key deliverables as detailed in the project brief, operating environment and project methodology
- demonstrated experience in similar projects
- understanding of project pressures, timelines and interdependencies
Supplier to consider the following requirements and policies:
- Insurance (public liability / product liability / professional indemnity / bank guarantees / Work Cover)
- Relevant licences / registrations
- Social procurement framework (how suppliers will deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes that benefit the Victorian community):
- Working for Victoria Policy (applies to all projects within the $2 billion Building Works stimulus package announced on 18 May 2020).
- Local Jobs First Policy (Supplier Guidelines):
Enquiries to be sent to the email address specified in the Enquiries section of the ATN. All clarification questions and answers will be recorded and may be shared publicly.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 22 September 2021 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 22 September 2021 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.