- Damien Ryan
- Phone: +61 (03) 5051 0779
This is an advanced notice only, full tender details will be released in May 2021.
Lower Murray Water (LMW) is undertaking a staged rollout of UV disinfection across nine WTPs. These three WTPs are the second stage of the works program, with the remaining two WTPs scheduled for subsequent financial years.
Lower Murray Water seeks to construct ultraviolet disinfection facilities to achieve a 4 log Protozoa inactivation at a minimum 80% Ultraviolet Transmittance (UVT) at three water treatment plants (WTPs) including:
1. Mildura West WTP;
2. Robinvale WTP; and
3. Kerang WTP.
Lower Murray Water has undertaken several stages of investigation and design using the following reference documents:
1. The USEPA 2006 Ultraviolet Disinfection Guidance Manual (UVDGM), that is the current global industry standard of practice; and
2. The Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) Manual for the application of Heath‐Based Treatment Targets Release No 1 (the WSAA Manual); and Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG), 2011, updated August 2018.
The UV systems will act as part of a multiple barrier system aimed at increasing protozoa reduction that can provide a robust secondary barrier in event of poor raw water quality conditions or suboptimal filter performance.
Each of the WTPs operate using conventional coagulation, sedimentation, filtration and chemical dosing to produce safe drinking water.
Scope of works will include:
1. Project management
2. Site Establishment and Disestablishment
3. Civil excavation and construction
4. Control room construction
5. Mechanical pipework fabrication, installation and testing
6. Electrical installation and testing
7. Control system (PLC and SCADA) installation and testing
8. Development of “Tie-In plans” for and perform connections of new infrastructure to existing services
9. Testing and commissioning works
10. Project close-out activities
Lower Murray Water has undertaken the detailed design and the contract will be delivered as a construct only contract under AS2124.
Minimum Certification Requirements or Technical Capability requirements:
The Contractor shall be experienced with demonstrated skills in project management, civil construction, mechanical fabrication, electrical installation and control systems development work who will be responsible for managing and performing the works associated with this Contract.
The Contractor may be required to engage suitably qualified sub-contractors to perform various aspects of the work if they are not appropriately qualified and experienced with aspects of the work.
Local Jobs First Policy
Social Procurement Framework