- Sonya Petrova
- Office: +61 (03) 92185428
Western Water is intending to release a request for tender for the Replacement of Romsey High Level Tank located in Romsey, Victoria.
The Romsey High Level Tank is supplying potable water to the high-pressure zone in Romsey. The project scope includes mechanical, civil, structural and electrical works, including:
- Detailed design and Construction of a new 400 kL potable water tank, comprised of two compartments for redundancy
- DN150 PVC inlet main to tank, approximately 1.0 km, installed along the existing water main
- DN225 PVC outlet main from tank, approximately 0.5 km and tie-in into existing water main
- DN150 (provisional scope) outlet water main, approximately 1.3 km, from the potable water borehole at the tank site running in parallel to the water mains.
- Automated chlorination system, including pump skid, chemical storage tank and associated civil, mechanical and electrical works
- Access road improvements, passing bay and concrete hardstand for chemical supply
- Horizontal directional drilling under Ochiltrees Road and connection to the existing rising main at the southern side of the road.
- Electrical works, including new el. cabinet and wiring
- Civil and mechanical works, tank pipework, access and instrumentation
- Ancillary works necessary to complete and operate the Works.
- Testing, commissioning and process-proving of the new infrastructure
- Decommissioning, demolition and removal of all redundant infrastructure (old tank, pipework, electrical and instrumentation)
- Full project documentation and Safety-in-design review
Because there is limited space to install the new pipelines in the intended location along the access road, detailed design for the access road have been developed to confirm viability.
It will be the Contractor’s responsibility to develop detailed design for the tank. This is aimed to provide flexibility for market response with regards to the tank materials, shape and configuration, in order to obtain best value-for-money. While there is tank design flexibility, the proposed tank design must meet the functionality detailed in the project technical specification and drawings. The tank should preferably be standard size (not custom-made) in order to provide competitive cost.
The chemical dosing skid is to be located in a container-type shed with bulk storage locked away and dosing skid sheltered, in line with Western Water’s typical design used elsewhere.
The full scope of works will be shown on the detailed design drawings and described in the RFT and the Project Specifications.
The contract will be delivered as a D&C Contract under AS4300.
Industry briefings will occur one week after tender publishing. Questions during the tender period are encouraged and can be directed via the official tender publication on the Tenders VIC website.
W0947 ROMSEY HLT TENDER ISSUED 24.03.2021
- Version 1 (24/03/2021)
- Available by Download (26 MB)
Addendum 1 (06 Apr 2021) Tender Briefing Queries
- Version 1 (07/04/2021)
- Available by Download (856 KB)
Romsey HLT CHMP_V2
- Version 1 (07/04/2021)
- Available by Download (52 MB)
Addendum 2 (09 Apr 2021) Tender Briefing Queries
- Version 1 (09/04/2021)
- Available by Download (600 KB)
Addendum 3 (16 Apr 2021) Design Life
- Version 1 (16/04/2021)
- Available by Download (487 KB)
A briefing session will be held at Romsey VIC, 650 m north of the intersection of Ochiltrees Road and Glenfern Road, Romsey (link to map), Romsey, VIC, Australia, 3434 on 1 April 2021 10:00 AM.
Notes: Confirm your attendance in writing to Western Water up to three days before the date of the tender briefing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|A site visit is a pre-requisite to submission and consideration of a bid.|
|Attendance at the briefing is a pre-requisite to submission and consideration of a bid.|
|Registration closes on 29 March 2021 03:00 PM|
Forum posts cannot be posted after 28 April 2021 03:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 28 April 2021 03:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.