- Andrew Fullard
- Office: +61 1300139510
UPDATED WITH NEW DATES
MID2030 Phase 2 Newry and Nuntin Irrigation Upgrades - Forward Notice
Southern Rural Water provides this updated forward notice that procurement of a suitably qualified contractor to undertake the MID2030 Phase 2; Newry and Nuntin Irrigation Upgrade works shall commence on or about the second week in April 2021. The works (pending final design) consist of the following:
- Supply and Construction of approximately 28KM of main pipeline (ranging from DN1200 to DN350)
- Supply and Construction of customer connection pipelines
- Supply and Installation of approximately 83 new automated customer outlets
- Decommissioning of existing irrigation channels and customer outlets
The work area is north of Maffra, Victoria, in the districts of Newry and Nuntin.
It is proposed that the tender will be a two staged process (EOI and RFT), and undertaken with anticipated key dates as follows:
- Expression of Interest - opening 9 April 2021
- Request for Tender (shortlisted suppliers) - 21 May 2021
- Contract award – anticipated to be 26 July 2021
- Works commence on site - September 2021
- Works complete - September 2022
The tender will be released on Tenderlink with documents available for download from https://portal.tenderlink.com/srw/ Prospective tenderers are encouraged to register and check for updates.
Please note that it is anticipated that works will be undertaken both within and outside irrigation periods.
A number of legislative requirements will apply to this project, including but not limited to:
- The Victorian Government’s Local Jobs First Policy including Major Projects Skills Guarantee
- Federal Building and Construction Industry (Productivity Improvement) Act
- Social Procurement Framework
Further enquiries can be directed to Andrew Fullard, Program Planning and Delivery Manager at MIDproject@srw.com.au or on 1300 139 510 during business hours.
SRW MID Ph2 Procurement-Industry Briefing Jan 2021 FINAL
- Version 1 (01/02/2021)
- Available by Download (3 MB)