- Rick Cresswell
The project under this tender is a component of the North East Line Upgrade (NELU) Program under the RRVP which will deliver improvements to the North East Line to enable future operation of VLocity or similar new generation regional trains on the standard gauge line through to Albury.
The objectives for the North East Line Upgrade wider program are as follows:
- Improve passenger service reliability by upgrading track condition and addressing the main causes of delay;
- Improve ride quality and comfort for travellers by reducing bumps experienced during travel;
- Upgrade the North East line to a Victorian Class 2 performance standard, bringing it into line with other parts of Victoria’s regional rail network; and
- Allow VLocity trains to run to Albury/Wodonga for the first time;
RPV has nominated VicTrack to deliver the protection upgrade to the level crossings at:
- Bennetts Road, Lilliput; and
- Wilbrahams Road, Balmattum
- The Scope includes all activities necessary to manage, design, specify, develop, supply, deliver, construct, install, integrate, test, commission and handover the North East Line Upgrade Supporting Infrastructure Level Crossing Upgrades, which comprises the following Works:
- (a) Upgrade of Wilbrahams Road public level crossing from passive to active, including detection, protection, signalling and associated road works; and
- (b) Upgrade of Bennetts Road public level crossing from passive to active, including detection, protection, signalling and associated road works.
VicTrack will be seeking a sole contractor to deliver both site upgrades under an amended AS4300-1995 D&C contract.
NB: As tihs project is partially funded by the Commonwealth government, there are special requirements to comply with Commonwealth Funded Building Work rules, in particular, compliance with the Building Code. This is in addition to the Victorian construciton procurement requirements.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 12 January 2021 01:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 12 January 2021 01:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.