- Ross Bartel
- Office: +61 (03) 92185573
Western Water is intending to release a Request for Tender in October 2020 for the construction of the Bald Hill to Diggers Rest Watermain located between Sunbury and Diggers Rest, Victoria.
The watermain is proposed to provide a second point of supply of potable water into the Diggers Rest area and reduce the reliance on the existing Vineyard Road watermain.
The project comprises two distinct watermains, a DN600 MSCL watermain along Moore Road in Sunbury and the combination of OD500 PE and DN375 PVC watermain from Moore Road to Davis Road in Diggers Rest. The DN600 watermain will terminate after the OD500 PE offtake on Moore Road. The OD500 PE watermain will reduce into the DN375 PVC watermain, which will terminate on the southern side of Davis Road with a DN150 PVC connection to the existing water network.
The project scope covers civil, structural, mechanical and instrumentation works required to install the approximate 1,850m of watermain. The works include the requirement for trenchless pipe installation for crossing Vineyard Road and the Calder Freeway. The full scope of works is shown on the detailed design drawings and described in the RFT and the Project Specifications.
The scope includes, but is not limited to the following key design elements:
- 600m of DN600 MSCL pipeline along Moore Road from Vineyard Road to approximately 50 Moore Road, Sunbury;
- 340m of OD500 PE pipe from the (pipe) T-intersection at Moore Road to the southern side of Calder Freeway;
- 880m of DN375 PVC from the southern side of Calder Freeway to the southern side of Davis Road at boundary of current Bloomdale estate.
- 30m of DN150 PVC from the southern side of Davis Road at boundary of current Bloomdale estate to the existing watermain on Davis Road.
- Associated air, isolation, scour and pressure reduction valves and pressure and flow instrumentation.
- Trenchless pipe installation for Vineyard Road and Calder Freeway crossings and section parallel to Calder Freeway
- Ancillary works necessary to complete and operate the watermain.
The equipment and modes of operation must comply with applicable Western Water standards and any other relevant industry-wide standards.
The contract will be delivered under a AS2124 contract.
Industry briefings will occur one week after tender publishing. Questions during the tender period are encouraged and can be directed via the official tender publication on the Tenders VIC website.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 9 November 2020 09:30 AM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 9 November 2020 09:30 AM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.