- Zita Ritchie
Agriculture Victoria wishes to engage a suitably skilled, experienced, qualified and reputable supplier of uniforms for the supply and delivery of regulatory, field and corporate uniforms.
This procurement is being undertaken in accordance with the ‘Guide to procuring uniforms and personal protective equipment’ that requires government organisations to procure locally manufactured goods where available, accepting some items may need to be sourced off-shore.
- Meet or exceed the minimum expectations set out in the Victorian Government’s Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Be listed on the Ethical Supplier Register (the register) prior to executing a contract to supply.
To be on the register, suppliers of textiles, clothing and footwear sector uniforms and personal protective equipment manufactured in Australia must be accredited or in the process of seeking accreditation with Ethical Clothing Australia. Please refer to the Buying for Victoria website for more information. Those currently not on the register are encouraged to apply.
Agriculture Victoria currently anticipates going to market in early-mid December 2020. Full details and documents will be released with the tender with some additional details noted below
- Regulatory uniform is currently worn by approximately 230 authorised officers
- Field and corporate uniform is currently worn by approximately 330 staff
Items currently include (but are not limited to): polo shirts, long and short sleeve patrol/field shirts, shorts, trousers, fleece pullovers, jackets and hats.
Services and special requirements include:
- Efficient and effective online ordering and approval, distribution and returns processes.
- Provide fittings for staff in regional locations.
- Distribution to office locations in metro and regional areas of Victoria, with an emphasis on regionally based staff.
- Fit options for men and women (50% of authorised officers are women, 50% are men) for trousers, shirts, jackets and coveralls.
- Breathable fabrics.
- Provide maximum lead times and customer service plans.