- Louise Belford
This is a forward tender notice only. Further details will be provided when the Request for Tender is released. Please be aware Goulburn Murray Water (GMW) will not be engaging individual suppliers for this project, purchasing of components and products will be completed by the Principal Contractor who will be the successful tenderer, winning bidder details will be uploaded to the Buying for Victoria Website post tender evaluation.
GMW is seeking the services of a qualified and experienced contractor to Construct two fishways on the Gunbower Creek at Cohuna and Koondrook Weirs to improve fish aquatic health of the creek.
The successful contractor will be engaged under the Australian Standards General Conditions of Contract AS 2124-1992.
- Temporary coffer dams to isolate Gunbower Creek from the works at each site
- Excavation / earthworks for fishway entrance, exit and main channels
- Demolition of apron wall – Cohuna only
- Concrete works for fishway entrance, exit and main channels
- Metalwork (generally MS galvanised) for fishway including fish baffles, flow deflectors, exit and entrance fish slots, heavy and light duty gratings, supporting beams, balustrades, and traffic bollards
- Design, supply and installation of exit and entry gates and bulkheads
- Supply and installation of pit-tag readers
- Supply and Installation of new weir gates - Koondrook only
- Fabrication and installation of electrical and controls works - Koondrook only
- Disposal of excess spoil at nominated sites
- Comply with environmental, flora and fauna and cultural heritage protection measures for each site as detailed in the Environmental Management Plan
GMW encourages Contractors to undertake the DTF’s prequalification process to enable registration for construction and/or construction related services on the Construction Contractors Register. GMW may use the Construction Contractors Register to create shortlists of Contractors to invite to submit tenders for Public Construction and Construction Related Services.