The Dame Phyllis Frost Centre is a maximum-security Women's prison based in Victoria's north-west region of Ravenhall. With the current trend of prisoner number growth over the past 12 months, the Women's Prison system is projected to have a shortfall of 221 beds by 2023. As part of the 2019-2020 budget process, the Minister for Corrections sought funding to expand the women's prison system, particularly for the Dame Phyllis Frost Centre (DPFC).
The proposed solution to accommodate for the expected growth and support existing infrastructure included:
- 106 new beds at DPFC comprised of 2x20 bed Management Units and a 66 bed Reception Unit;
- Supporting infrastructure including a new Prisoner Reception Building, Program and Recreation Building, including a telecourt and legal/resource area;
- Temporary medical centre; and
- Security elements for this expansion, including perimeter fence and electronic security.
Project delivery model:
- Refer to Department of Treasury and Finance approved standard form contracts: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/practitioners-toolkit/practitioners-toolkit-standard-form-contracts
- The supplier will be under an agreement to supply a minimum order to the state of Victoria for a design that is developed and owned by CSBA.
Construction of the 106 beds and supporting infrastructure is expected to commence in October 2020 and reach practical completion in Febraury 2022, with beds operational by July 2022.
Supplier to consider the following to be requirements of the RFT process:
- Accredited Occupational Health & Safety system
- Insurance (products / professional indemnity / bank guarantees) – note DJCS has public liability insurance coverage
- Relevant licences / registrations
- Social procurement framework (how suppliers will deliver social, economic and environmental outcomes that benefit the Victorian community):
- Local Jobs First Policy (Supplier Guidelines):
Sourcing Approach - Select tender from CSR
Five organisations have been shortlisted from the Construction Supplier Register for to submit their responses for the RFT. This Request for Tender Invitation (REQ0426) is being issued on Aconex as a Select Tender on 21 April 2020. Tender documents can only be accessed by selected tenderers via Aconex. Tender will be closed on Thursday, 4 June 2020. 2.00 pm.
The management of this tender, including, but not limited to, all tender documentation, Requests for Information, and correspondence will be via Aconex. Enquiries about this RFT to be sent to the email address provided in the RFT. All clarification questions and answers will be recorded and may be shared publicly.