Western Water is seeking tenders for the design, supply, installation, construction, testing, commissioning and performance testing of a new Waste to Energy (WtE) facility which will be developed and integrated within the Melton Recycled Water Plant (RWP).
The current Melton RWP treatment process consists of inlet works, primary sedimentation tanks, secondary treatment with bioreactors and secondary sedimentation tanks configured for a Modified Ludzack-Ettinger (MLE) process, followed by disc filtration and a series of maturation and storage lagoons (Class C effluent) or the membrane treatment plant (Class A effluent). The treated wastewater effluent produced by the plant (Class A or Class C) is either supplied to customers through the recycled water network or discharged to the Werribee River.
The intention of this project is to deliver a new WtE Facility, consisting of a liquid waste receiving station, storage tanks and transfer system to feed the waste to the existing 3.2 ML anaerobic digester currently being commissioned on site.
The works to be completed under this project include all design, supply, construction, installation, testing, and commissioning associated works to construct the new WtE system at Melton RWP including, but not limited to:
- One (1) waste receiving station with hot water wash water system
- One (1) screenings bin
- Transfer pump to waste storage tanks
- Repurpose existing 2 x 16 m3 tanks into waste storage tanks complete with insulation and mixing
- Use existing sludge recirculation pumps to transfer warm sludge from the Digester 2 to the waste storage tanks using existing scum pipeline
- Transfer pump(s) to the anaerobic digestion facilities using existing scum pipeline via digester mixing system
- Repurpose existing odour control for waste receiving station and both waste storage tanks
- Reuse existing electrical switchboard
- Hot water flushing for waste receiving facility
- Provide additional pipeline connecting organic waste transfer pump station to the existing scum pipeline near primary sedimentation tanks 1
- Provide sufficient rodding points and drain points to clean the pipework
- PLC and SCADA programming for automation of receival system and of the mixing, , storage and transfer of warm sludge to the waste storage tanks and waste to the Digester 2
- Bunded equipment area complete with a sump and drain system the ability to drain to the existing site drainage system and to the existing filtrate pump station.
Prospective tenderers will need to satisfy the Ministerial Directions for Public Construction Procurement criteria in regards to Occupation Health and Safety Management and Industrial Relations Management. They will also have to commit to the State Government's Supplier Code of Conduct.
WtE tender CN000113
- Version 1 (17/12/2019)
- Available by Download (24 MB)
CN000113 Addendum No.1
- Version 1 (24/01/2020)
- Available by Download (3 MB)
CN000113 Addendum No.2
- Version 2 (13/02/2020)
- Available by Download (12 MB)
Forum posts cannot be posted after 14 February 2020 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 14 February 2020 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.