Display Tender EOI 19 006
This page displays the details of a tender. All tender questions should be directed to the nominated contact person listed for the tender.
- Prousha Paris
- Mobile: +61 (03) 0409328238
The MFB is seeking invitee’s response to our expression of interest to build and deliver two (2) Class 2D Fire Fighting vessels compliant with the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV).
The vessels are to be used in both riverine and bay environments and are to be capable of operating in the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers (under a series of low bridges), including the shallow lower reaches of these rivers and within Port Phillip Bay (excluding Port Phillip Heads).
The vessels are required to perform in the following operating environments:
- Around beaches and within rivers, river inlets and other inland waters;
- Operate in Class D/E (Partial Smooth/ Smooth) waters in accordance with the design requirements defined in the National Standard for Commercial Vessels (NSCV)
The vessels are required to have a flexible multi-function capability and shall perform Emergency response operations 24/7 for a minimum of 300 days per year, in all weathers, up to Beaufort Wind Scale 6; by day or night.
The MFB requires both vessels to be capable of the following operational functions:
- Perform firefighting duties on the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers and Inland Waters
- Provide a rescue boat function for MFB operations on and near water ways;
- Provide a platform for Ship-to-Ship (S2S) transfer operations, to enable capability insertion with additional Technical Rescue abilities (personnel, specialist equipment and stores) to Commercial Vessels (CV) in distress, at anchor within Port Phillip Bay;
- Provide support to other firefighting (land and/or marine based) platforms for fires on Commercial and Recreational Vessels within the Port of Melbourne (Smooth Waters) and Port Phillip Bay (Partially Smooth Waters);
- Assist in supporting pollution prevention and containment measures on the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers and in areas of inland waters; and
The MFB seeks to gain more detailed information from the market to assist the MFB’s decision making on key issues for the preparation of the Request for Tender (RFT).
The MFB will conduct an EOI Industry Briefing for potential Respondents. The purpose of the briefing will be to provide details in respect of the Project and afford an opportunity for potential Respondents to ask questions in respect of any aspect of this Invitation for EOI.
This invitation is not an offer.
MFB will use the EOI in order to understand whether the current Provisional Function & Performance Specification for the vessels is feasible and can be reasonably achieved with a proven industry design.
To gauge how industry understand the vessel requirements based on the Provisional Function & Performance Specification
How industry would potentially fulfil these requirements understanding the MFB have several tasks on a relatively small and compact platform.
The MFB recognises that each operational task separately is achievable however the combination of tasks (which are not required to be performed concurrently) may be challenging in a platform of this size.
MFB intends to compare and assess the responses with the aim of identify and short list suppliers.
The release of the EOI is anticipated for mid October 2019 with the closing date mid November 2019. The EOI documentation and details will be available on: www.eprocure.com.au/mfb/ ( https://www.eprocure.com.au/mfb/ )