JavaScript Disabled

This site requires JavaScript Enabled to function properly. Please enable JavaScript or use a different browser that has JavaScript enabled.

Buying For Victoria
Skip to main content

Online Forum for CFA-2019-0148 
In order to submit a post you must be logged in, have downloaded specification documents for this tender and the tender must not be closed.

The forum has been closed for posting.
RFx Number Status & Type Details Date
CFA-2019-0148
Closed
Request for Tender
Issued by Country Fire Authority Victoria
UNSPSC: 72000000 - Building and Facility Construction and Maintenance Services
opened
Thu, 20 February 2020 1:00 PM
Closed
Wed, 18 March 2020 2:00 PM
20/02/2020 13:00

Supplier Post #9 - ICT clarifications This post is publicly visible

Please clarify the following:

• With reference to Electrical Drawing E3 Rev A and documents ‘ICT Requirements’ page 8 & ‘Trade Specification’ Section 29.4 page 71.

The CFA document lists cable types, No’s and colours to be provided by us for Data, LCD 1, LCD 2 & 3, SCU and PDT to Comms Alcove and/or ICT Room.

These positions are clearly designated on drawing E3. I’d assumed these screens and associated control systems are used for a ‘Turn Out’.

However section 29.04 of the ‘Specification’ details a Despatch & Turnout system to be supplied under a separate contract by the Buninyong Brigade.

It details future positions of twelve (12) monitors at 2300 AFL to a PC position in the ICT Room. Sub-Section (1) ‘Work By Electrical Contractor’ then goes on to detail cable types, runs and termination advice for this system. Are we to install the data cabling component of both systems?

• Section 29.06 (b) of the ‘Specification’ details 3 x 24 Volt control cables (4 Pair Cat 6) between the PLC and Access/Security Control Panel.

Can you advise where this Access/Security Control Panel will be placed?

• With reference to Addendum 1 page 2 ‘Separate Cost Items’ point 6 in part mentions “1No PA Speaker and Volume Control Knob”.

I can’t find this speaker nor any other speakers or an amplifier they’d need to run from on any plan that I have for this project nor can I find any specification for a PA. System, please advise?