Contract - N/A
Bendigo Kangan Institute (BKI) sought a suitably qualified supplier for the BKI - Broadmeadows Plumbing Centre Refurbishment Project.
Bendigo Kangan Institute has recently secured money from the State Government to enhance its capability in delivering programmes for the building and construction industry. Under the Common Funding Agreement, the Victorian Government is providing funding to create the Sustainable Plumbing Centre at the Broadmeadows Campus.
The project involves the refurbishment of Building J, also known as “The Hanger” to create contemporary teaching and learning spaces in line with tested pedagogies and andragogy to an industry best practice standard. The addition of a Plumbing Centre responds to the demand of plumbing industry professionals and the lack of courses available to those within the Broadmeadows campus catchment area.
Goal of the Project:
- Create a Plumbing Centre to deliver Cert III & IV plumbing courses, with a capacity to train an additional 300 plumbing students per annum
- Create an integrated ‘Trades Hub’ training and learning environment within Building J
- Create an integrated C&I staff and administration office environment, growing and connecting BKI culture to become the one integrated team
Current design of projects allow for refurbishment and fit out of the following elements:
- Training Tower and Sandpit
- Carpentry and Plumbing Training Workstations
- 2x Electrical labs
- Engineering workshop
- Training Room and Gas Appliance Fittings space
- 20x new welding bays
- 2x store rooms
- Informal student learning hub
- Teaching and administration staff workspace
- Staff breakout and social space
- Teaching administration staff workspace
- 2x general purpose classrooms
- Lobby/exhibition refurbishment
- Relocation of reception
- Installation of new stair case
- 1x Video conference room
BK released a Request for Tender on 21/03/21 via VendorPanel.
The tender process will be a selective as defined within the tender documents.
|Mobile: +61 (03) 0409861308|
|Phone: +61 (03) 54341703|