Contract - 20-002
To appoint a Contractor to deliver the Goulburn Broken Catchment Managment Authorities Working for Victoria program to:
- increase employment activity by delivering an employment program based on the requirements of Working for Victoria.
- deliver NRM projects within the Goulburn Broken catchment.
This project is part of the Agriculture Workforce Plan, a $50 million component of the Victorian Government’s $500 million Working for Victoria Fund, which helps people who are unemployed or affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic find new opportunities.
The GBCMA has a strong history of implementing employment programs to assist communities’ transition through difficult times such as drought and the fruit industry turndown. The GB CMA ‘Working for Victoria’ project will again provide employment opportunities for participants to work on key natural resource management (NRM) projects across the Goulburn Broken catchment.
Funding has been confirmed to employ 25 people under the program.
The four key NRM activities to be delivered under the GB CMA ‘Working for Victoria’ project are:
- inspection and maintenance of fencing along riparian frontages along the rivers and streams of the Goulburn and Broken rivers
- restoring the reserves of native seed in the catchment, and propagation and revegetation of native species on some large areas of land
- removal of wild fruit trees from public land across the catchment
- removal of rubbish from public land along the lower Goulburn and Murray rivers and adjoining state & national parks
|Mobile: +61 (0427) 519669|
|Office: +61 (03) 58227700|
Programmed Skilled Workforce