Contract - 00202
Parks Victoria is seeking a qualified market research contractor to conduct our Visitor Number Monitor 2020/21. Parks Victoria has previously conducted a biennial series of telephone surveys and face to face interviews known as the Visitor Number Monitor as part of an integrated research program. The years surveyed are 2001/02, 2002/03, 2004/05, 2006/07, 2008/09, 2010/11, 2012/13, 2014/5, 2016/17 and 2018/19. This monitor determines the total number of visitors to the Parks Victoria estate and assists planning and reporting both at a regional and corporate level. Parks Victoria intends to continue the Visitor Number Monitor in 2020/21. Therefore, Parks Victoria requires an external contractor to develop and manage the collection, analysis and reporting of new data.
The key aim of the Visitor Number Monitor is to determine the community visitation of metropolitan and regional parks and waterways, managed by Parks Victoria. The VNM provides key Corporate Performance Indicator for Parks Victoria. The core aims of the monitor include:
• Obtaining accurate and reliable total visitor numbers for the National and State Parks, Metropolitan Parks, Piers and Jetties, and Bays.
• Obtaining the contribution of different source market groups, i.e. intrastate, interstate and international visitors.
• Obtaining visitation data to track long term trends in Parks Victoria’s output/productivity, for input to strategic planning;
• Obtaining estimates of the reasons for visiting and activities undertaken during the visit to the National and State Parks, Metropolitan Parks, Bays, Rivers and Coasts.
• Understanding the demographics of our visitors and non-visitors.
|Office: +61 (03) 84272884|
Ipsos Public Affairs Pty Ltd